Student Leadership Summit
About the Summit
Summit Dates: July 26-29, 2014
Application Deadline: May 16, 2014
Join 50 top student leaders from across the world to learn how to be effective, ethical, and innovative leaders. Participants will work alongside distinguished mentors who will share their expertise and provide dynamic leadership training. Students will emerge from the academy with the skills and experience to excel as global leaders.
- Eligibility: Accomplished student leaders from college campuses across the world. Eligible students include rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduating seniors from two-year and four-year schools, and entry-level graduate students (those enrolled in first year of graduate school and/or have completed the first year of graduate school). We welcome student applicants who have been involved in a range of campus and community programs and service-learning.
- Incentives: Paid registration, room, board, and up to $500 towards travel for international students and up to $200 need-dependent travel for U.S. students.
- Location: University of Pittsburgh campus, Pittsburgh, PA. Students will stay in Pennsylvania Hall http://www.pc.pitt.edu/housing/halls/pennsylvania.html
- Dates: Saturday, July 26-Tuesday, July 29, 2014
- Application Requirements: Complete the online application and upload the following attachments:
- One current letter of recommendation written by a university administrator (e.g. College Dean, Director of Student Life, Departmental Chair). Application will be incomplete unless the recommendation letter is uploaded and/or sent to email@example.com by the application deadline. You may send an additional letter to supplement your application.
- Résumé (include GPA on résumé).
- Single-page essay using 12-point times new roman font. Your essay should incorporate the following questions:
What specifically have you accomplished as a leader on your campus and/or in your community, and what did you do to motivate others? How has your leadership experience on your campus and/or in your community broadened your understanding of the challenges and opportunities confronting global leaders today? How do you envision yourself addressing these challenges and opportunities be it through a career, community service, and/or civic engagement?
- Application Deadline: May 16, 2014, midnight EDT
- Selection Notification: Students will receive an email regarding their pending application on or before May 24, 2014.