Student Leadership Summit
About the Summit
Summit Dates: July 18-21, 2015
Application Deadline: May 3, 2015
Join 50 dynamic student leaders from across the world to learn how to be effective, ethical, and innovative leaders. Participants will work alongside distinguished mentors who will share their expertise and guide you through leadership training. Students will emerge from the academy with the skills and experience to excel as global leaders.
- Eligibility: Accomplished student leaders from college campuses across the world. Eligible students include rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduating seniors from two-year and four-year schools, and entry-level graduate students such as those enrolled to begin the first year of graduate school and/or those who have completed the first year of graduate school.
- Qualifications: We welcome student applicants who have been involved in a range of campus and community programs, service, leadership, athletics, research and and experiential-learning.
- Incentives: Paid registration, room, board, and up to $500 towards travel for international students and up to $200 need-dependent travel for U.S. students.
- Location: University of Pittsburgh campus, Pittsburgh, PA. Students will stay in Pennsylvania Hall located Pitt's campus.
- Dates: Saturday, July 18-Tuesday, July 21, 2015
- Application Requirements: Complete the online application and upload the following attachments:
- One current letter of recommendation written by a university administrator (e.g. College Dean, Director of Student Life, Departmental Chair). Application will be incomplete unless the recommendation letter is uploaded and/or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline. You may send an additional letter to supplement your application.
- Résumé (include GPA on résumé).
- Single-page essay using 12-point times new roman font. Your essay should incorporate the following questions:
What specifically have you accomplished as a leader on your campus and/or in your community, and how did you motivate others? How has your leadership experience on your campus and/or in your community broadened your understanding of the challenges and opportunities confronting global leaders today? How do you envision yourself addressing these challenges and opportunities be it through a career, community service, and/or civic engagement?
- Application Deadline: May 3, 2015, midnight EDT
- Selection Notification: Students will receive an email regarding their pending application on or before May 24, 2015.